Sr. Software Engineer
At Interchange, we’re building a company on the forefront of an emergent financial sector whose rules are being written in real-time. Our team is small, but our ambition is big -- to meet the needs of institutional investors and traders of cryptoassets where no tools currently exist and where user experience has long been an afterthought.
Joining our team means working alongside smart and driven folks who are committed to learning about blockchain technologies and the market for cryptoassets as they evolve. It means pioneering solutions capable of keeping up with the real-time demands for information and strategy execution of our users, while enforcing data and identity security as a primary operating requirement.
As a Senior Software Engineer joining our team, you would jump right into helping us build our first product, Interchange. Interchange will enable institutions to gain meaningful insights into their cryptoasset portfolios through a powerful but easy-to-use interface. Our stack currently consists of Python/Django, GraphQL, Apollo and React running on an AWS stack, but there is much work to do to build out the API and real-time infrastructure and we’re looking for someone who has the experience and desire to help shepherd this new product through early-stage completion in a responsible and scalable way.
The right fit for us at this time is someone who:
- Focuses on backend development, but is a generalist who has experience building out infrastructure and tooling and is generally comfortable working across the stack.
- Has 5-7 years minimum experience, with at least one year of experience in Python. GraphQL experience a plus, but interest in learning is more important.
- Is passionate about craftsmanship.
- Looks for opportunities to automate, improve tooling, improve documentation, and (crucially), contribute to improving the security of our products and systems.
- Is able to self-direct and take responsibility for the projects they work on.
- Defaults to action, but also to communication. You aren’t afraid to ask for help or input when you are unsure about a direction. We’re all surfing new territory here.
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills -- no matter if you’re an introvert or an extrovert, you know how to effectively articulate your viewpoint.
If this sounds interesting to you, we can offer the following:
- Flexible working arrangements in line with our all-remote team. We do ask that team members reside within GMT -7 (Pacific Time) and +1 (Central European Time) zones for maximum overlap
- Transparent pay scales and a competitive benefits package (including a stipend for equipment and to set up your perfect workspace)
- Expectation that you’ll actively participate in helping to shape product direction and company culture
- Supportive working environment where communication is encouraged, suggestions are taken seriously, and your time is honored. We are a startup and we work hard, but we all have families that we love to spend time with.
- An interview/hiring process that respects your time and values your diversity of experience. We're interested in collaborating with you to determine whether we can solve difficult problems together — not to drill you with CS trivia.